Hocking Hills State Park -
General Park Information
Hocking Hills State Park General Information
Hocking Hills State Park is located at:
Park Office Phone: 740-385-6842
Cottage Office Phone: 740-385-6841
Dining Lodge Phone: (740) 380 -0400
An archery range with 5 static targets and 22 3-D targets is open from daylight until dark year-round.
The Hocking Hills State Park Dining Lodge was demolished by fire December of 2016. There were no injuries and plans are being assessed on rebuilding. For those who enjoyed the dining lodge at Hocking Hills State Park, you can find the same distinct character of dining at Lake Hope State Park just a half hour away.
Lake Hope State Park, 27331 Ohio 278, McArthur, OH 45651
Fishing is allowed at the 17-acre Rose Lake. Access is off of State Route 374 via a 1/2-mile hiking trail. A valid Ohio fishing license is required.
Hunting is allowed in designated areas of the park and is allowed at the adjacent Hocking State Forest.
Five picnic areas with tables, grills, latrines and drinking water are located at each of the recess caves. Five reservable shelters are available:
- Old Man's Cave
- Ash Cave
- Rock House
- Cedar Falls
- Cantwell Cliffs
All 5 picnic areas are Carry In Carry Out areas. No trash cans are available. Please bring trash bags with you.
A Swimming pool outside the dining lodge is open 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily, Memorial Day to Labor Day. It is open to the general public for a small daily fee.
There are miles of hiking trails located throughout the park and adjacent state forest. These trails are beautiful as well as potentially dangerous: caution and common sense are necessary. Young children should be closely supervised while in on the hiking trails. All park visitors must remain on the marked trails at all times.
Nine hiking trails traverse the park:
- Ash Cave Gorge - 1/4 Mile - Easy - Handicap Accessible
- Ash Cave Rim - 1/2 Mile - Moderate
- Cedar Falls - 1/2 Mile - Moderate
- Old Man's Cave - 1 Mile - Moderate
- Conkles Hollow - 1 Mile - Easy - Handicap Accessible
- Conkles Hollow Rim - 2.5 Miles - Moderate
- Rock House - 1/2 Mile - Moderate
- Cantwell Cliffs - 1 Mile - Difficult
- Buckeye Trail - 6 Miles - Moderate
Two mountain bike trails are also available:
- Purple Trail Loop - 2 Miles - Moderate
- Orange Trail Loop - 2 miles - Difficult
- Download the Hiking Trail Map [pdf 493Kb]
- Download the Old Man's Cave Trail Map [pdf 938Kb]
- Download the Mountain Biking Trail Map [pdf 163Kb]
Under the proper conditions, park visitors can enjoy ice fishing.
More to Do
- Special events and nature programs are offered year round
- Visitor center at Old Man's cave features interesting displays and a gift shop
- Rock climbing/rappelling area is available in the adjacent 9,238 acre Hocking State Forest.